Education and Experience for
the Doctors of Coral Gables Cosmetic
Jason Altman, M.D.
Dr. Altman is dedicated to serving patients from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and surrounding areas with plastic surgery marked by unsurpassed skill, experience, and expertise. He provides personalized plastic surgery procedures tailored to meet each patient's unique needs and desires, and his talents and skills are grounded in his many years of education, training, and experience.
Dr. Altman is well known among his colleagues for his dedication to plastic surgery, and they have recognized him for his ability to combine compassion and professionalism.
Licensing and Certification
- 2008 2009 Interplast Jerome P. Webster Fellowship Providing free plastic surgery around the world to those in need.
- 2006 2008 The University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Residency in Plastic Surgery.
- 2002 2006 The Mount Sinai School of Medicine Residency in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
- 2001 2002 The Mount Sinai School of Medicine Internship in General Surgery.
- 1997 2001 State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine .
- 1993 1997 Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH Thayer School of Engineering Bachelor of Arts in Biophysical Chemical Engineering.
Publications and Presentations
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology (Board Certified).
- Medical License State of Florida Active, Unrestricted.
- Medical License State of New York Active, Unrestricted.
Awards and Honors
- Altman, JI., Eloy, A., Hoch, B., Munoz, C., Shohet, M. Demineralized Bone Matrix and Fat Autograft in A Rabbit Model of Frontal Sinus Obliteration. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 2007 Aug;137(2):264-8.
- Altman, JI., Thaller, SR. Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity. Plastic Surgery Hyperguide, Online Publication 2008.
- Altman, JI., Oeltjen JC. Nasal Deformities Associated with Orthognathic Surgery: Analysis, Prevention, and Correction. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 2007 Jul;18(4):734-9.
- Eloy, A., Altman, JI., Hoch, B., Munoz, C., Shohet, M. Comparison of Fast Setting Calcium Phosphate Bone Cement and Fat Autograft in A Rabbit Model of Frontal Sinus Obliteration. American Journal of Rhinology,2007 Jul-Aug;21(4):504-9.
- Jacobson, A., Altman, JI., Genden, E. Flap Physiology. In: Buchen, D., ed. Skin Flaps in Facial Surgery. 2007.
- Schaberg, MR., Altman, JI., Shapshay, SM., Woo, P. Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak After Anterior Cervical Disc Fusion: An Unusual Cause of Dysphagia and Neck Mass. Laryngoscope, 2007 Aug, E-published ahead of print.
- Altman, JI., Mosche, J., Genden, E. Fiberoptic Endoscopic Assisted Diverticulotomy: A Novel Technique for the Management of Zenkers Diverticulum The Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology. 2005 May; 114(5):347 52.
- Altman, JI., Eloy, A., Hoch, B., Munoz, C., Shohet, M. The Use of Deminerlized Bone Matrix for Cranioplasty in the Rabbit: A Radiologic and Histologic Analysis. To be submitted for publication in The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery.
- Aguila, D., Altman, JI., Genden, E. Cadaveric Mandibular Transplant A Viable Option for Total Mandibular Defects. Presented at the Triological Society Annual Meeting, May 2006.
- Dhir, K., Altman, JI., Shin, E. Bilatteral Intratonsillar Abscesses: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Presented at the Eastern Section Meeting of the Triological Society, January 2006.
- Altman, JI., Shen, K., Cleven, H., Moran, T., Genden E. Adenovirus Mediated Gene Therapy for Tracheal Transplantation. Presented at Annual Hugh F. Biller Resident Research Symposium, October 2003.
- 2007 American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, Merck Scholarship Grant.
- Chief resident, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Plastic Surgery. Scored 90th percentile on the plastic surgery In-service exam.
- 2007 - 2008 Chief resident, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology.
- 2005 Grant from Synthes for investigation of biomaterials in osteoplastic surgery.
- 2004 Honors in Surgery and others, SUNY Stony Brook.
- 2000 Honor awarded for outstanding work in light diffraction, Dartmouth College 1996.
Volunteer and Employement
- Fellow, New York Society of International Humanitarian Surgeons.
- Resident and Fellows Forum, American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Miami Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Candidate Member, Ameican College of Surgeons.
- Medical Society of the State of New York.
- Dartmouth Society of Engineers.
- 2003 - Present: Consultant Purchasing and performance advice for personal computing, electronics, digital photography and video editing, as well as a website offering product reviews geared for health care professionals.
- Private Tutor.
- 2002 - Present: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, SAT, MCAT, AP.
Sean Simon, M.D.
A graduate of the prestigious University of Miami Miller School of Medicine with seven years of intensive general and plastic surgical training, Dr. Sean Simon specializes in the latest techniques for aesthetic breast, body and facial plastic surgery, body sculpting, surgery after massive weight loss, facial rejuvenation, and non-surgical aesthetic procedures as well reconstruction after breast cancer surgery.
Dr. Simon is one of the few surgeons in South Florida to be double board certified. He has certifications from the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Simon draws upon this impressive background to deliver the superb results is known for. In addition he has written for professional journals and spoken at local, regional, and national academic conferences on a broad range of surgical topics. Yes, academically and professionally, Dr. Simon embodies the attributes a discerning patient should expect of their surgeon.
I believe that it is the job of the surgeon to create a realistic expectation of the potential results and recovery process. Avoiding surprises and unexpected issues goes a long way toward making a patient feel comfortable.
Affiliations & Professional Memberships
Licensure & Board Certification
- Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons 2006 - Present.
- American Medical Association: 1995-Present.
- 2005 American Board of Surgery License, Florida.
- 2007 American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- University of Miami School of Medicine, M.D., 1999 University of Florida, B.S. 1994.
- 2000-2004: Residency University of Miami School of Medicine - Jackson Memorial Hospital; Miami, Florida.
- 2004-2006: Resident in Plastic Surgery University of Miami School of Medicine - Jackson Memorial Hospital; Miami, Florida.
Robert Hunsaker, M.D.
Dr. Hunsaker is a Miami plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializing in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face and body in Miami area. He was Chief Resident of UM Jacksons Plastic Surgery Department as well as, The University of North Carolina. His exemplary work in both establishments is what won him prestigious awards.
Dr. Hunsaker was also elected for a fellowship of the prestigious Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons. He has been involved in research involving diseases of heart muscle and micro-vascular surgery. He is associated with many professional and honorary organizations such as the Association of Academic Chairman of Plastic Surgery, the American Cleft Palate/ Craniofacial Association, American Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, both the Florida and Greater Miami Society of Plastic and Reconstructive surgeons, Jackson Surgical Society, Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and many more local, regional, and national medical and plastic surgery organizations.
In the past has been invited to speak to plastic surgeons around the globe from Japan to Bahrain, England to South America on very important topics. He has served patients from 25 countries and 19 states as it is his nature to help people in any way he can. He has been sought after to help in the improvement of breast implants and the improvement of facelift techniques.
Over the past 18 years, Dr. Hunsaker's widely respected reputation has grown primarily because of his precise surgical judgment, and superior technical skills. You cannot put a price on hands on experience. His attention to detail, willingness to give the time and personal attention that patients seek in order to feel comfortable and secure in their decision to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery, is what makes him one of a kind.
He focuses exclusively on aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery of the face and body. His commitment to being the best and to his patients is what has allowed him to even further enhance and perfect his pristine skills. His credentials speak for themselves.
Education & Training
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Wittenberg University - (Honors).
- Ohio State University College of Medicine (Honors).
- University of North Carolina - Five year general surgery residency, Chief Resident.
- City Hospital Regional Plastics Unit, Nottingham, England - 18 month special plastics fellowship.
- University of Miami School of Medicine - Plastic surgery residency under world-renowned plastic surgeon, Ralph Millard, Jr. M.D., Chief Resident.
Dr. Hunsaker was elected a fellow of the prestigious Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons. He has been involved in research involving diseases of heart muscle, microvascular surgery, developing improved breast implants, and improved techniques for face lifting. He has published multiple research papers, been a guest on many television and radio programs and has been invited to speak to plastic surgeons around the globe from Japan to Bahrain, England to South America. He has served patients from 25 countries and 19 states and is a member of many local, regional, and national medical and plastic surgery organizations.
|Coral Gables Cosmetic|
|Office Address: |
|1800 SW 27th Ave|
|Miami, FL 33145|